There are so many reasons why over 11,000 competitors have chosen to compete at UKI shows. Look below to see just a few…
Here’s our favourite 25 reasons why 11,000+ competitors have chosen UK Agility International…
- New to UKI? Transfer your dogs over to their equivalent level currently competing at.
- UKI has well balanced jump heights to allow for good distribution of all breeds to participate in UKI
- UKI offers the Select Jump height option for those who feel their dogs are better off jumping one height lower than their measured height division, no spread jumps and a lowered A frame.
- Train in the ring. Take the whole course time to train your dog on your choice of sequence or equipment and rewarding with a non-food and non-audible toy inside the ring.
- For dogs who are only motivated by food, shows can offer food reward areas adjacent the ring where handlers can run and reward their dogs during training runs.
- Repeat and Move On option for competition runs where a handler may choose to repeat an obstacle for the sake of giving the dog another chance to meet criteria. They then may continue to run the remainder of the course.
- All judges’ course plans checked by UKI to ensure compliance to rules and suitability for level.
- No judging of “up” contacts so dogs with longer stride are not discriminated against.
- North America’s most proactive organization regarding dog safety. First to ban collapsible tunnel and introduce barn door style breakaway tire, disallowing taped weave poles, and requiring tunnel securing speculations.
- Qualifiers for the prestigious US Open and Canadian Open where any level dog may compete.
- Prize money for Masters Series Heats and Final.
- Tournament Style events of Classics and Cups gaining international competitive style experience and awarding places into Finals at the Opens.
- Online entry available for most show, without charge.
- A $15 dog registration includes online entry processing and tracking of results for level points for your dog’s titles, for life.
- Most UKI trials offer pay on the day entries or late entries.
- UKI shows offer dogs, at every level, usually a minimum of 4 runs per day.
- 4 levels allow you and your dog to compete against your peers on courses designed specifically with your abilities in mind.
- Progress up the levels through points in two Programs: Performance (Agility, Jumping and Games) and Speedstakes.
- Next day move up rules means no waiting to continue with progression so no wasting entry money on runs that “don’t count”.
- Besides earning titling awards, Outstanding Achievement Awards can be achieved by acquiring points throughout the dog’s trialing career.
- As soon as the results are uploaded to the UKI web site, Title Certificates are automatically emailed to you so you can celebrate you and your dog’s success.
- Nursery and Veterans classes available at most shows for young, inexperienced and older dogs.
- Dogs may start competing at 15 months in Nursery and Speedstakes.
- UKI is a competitor friendly organization responding to competitor feedback.
- Opportunity to compete internationally in the World Agility Open via win on spots at the Canadian and US Open events.